About Heritage Elder Care Services
Creating a Continuum of Care for Senior Citizens
Heritage Elder Care Services (P) Ltd. has been offering a myriad of senior-care services in India for 22 years, including
- Heritage Medical Centre- a long term skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility
- Kshetra – an assisted living facility for seniors
- Heritage Home Health Care Services – at-home support from trained caregivers
- Other community service programs including Dial a Driver and Meals on Wheel
- Heritage Foundation- various training and wellness activities relating to senior citizens and their caregivers (family and non-family)
The company’s youngest service offering, Heritage Kshetra, was recently awarded the Best Assisted Living Service Provider of the Year 2015 award by Frost and Sullivan. Kshetra was inaugurated on 27th May 2013 by Ms. Nicola Watkinson, Minister Commercial (South Asia), Senior Trade and Investment Commissioner, Australian Trade Commission (Australian Government).
To add to the continuum of services it offers to senior citizens, the company has announced the launch of an exclusive Dementia-care facility in Hyderabad, India in the year 2017.
Details of other services can be found on www.heritagehealthcareindia.com
Over 22 years of Senior-Care Experience
In the context of the increasing ageing Indian population, Heritage Elder Care Services is ahead of the curve in addressing the needs of this demographic segment, with 22 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN PROVIDING CARE TO SENIORS
- The Founder, Dr. K R Gangadharan was the President of the International Federation on Ageing 2013-14, having served its Board for over eight years. He is a Ph. D. in Social Work from Bharati Vidyapeeth University Pune having obtained post-graduation from the Madras School of Social Work. He is Fellow of Indian Society for Training and Development and was its National President during 2012-13. Dr. Gangadharan has been nominated by the Government of India to serve on some national level committees including the National Policy of Senior Citizens, Welfare and Protection of Senior Citizens under the National Human Rights Commission and is a member of the expert group on ageing.
- Dr. K.R.Gangadharan established Heritage Medical Centre in 1994 in Hyderabad as India’s first geriatric healthcare facility
- Heritage Home Health Care Services was launched in 1996 and over 3000 seniors citizens have been served since
- Heritage Elder Care Services has trained over 1000 bed-side patient attendants employed in the Home Health Care program
- Karuna School of Nursing (a sister concern) has been engaged in training of qualified Nurses since 2005
- Kshetra, an Assisted Living Facility was launched in 2013, as a home for seniors who prefer to avoid the hassles of maintaining a household and are parents of NRIs